Central Washington Criminal Defense Attorney
“Welcome to the Law Office of Mark A. Chmelewski, PS”
Q: Accused of a crime?
Q: In this difficult situation, who do you call?
With 30 years of courtroom experience, Criminal Defense Attorney Mark A. Chmelewski has the education, training, and experience to protect and defend your rights in Washington State.
Whether you’re searching for Yakima lawyers, Wenatchee lawyers or Kittitas lawyers, Mr. Chmelewski is available throughout the state to represent clients in Superior, District, and Municipal Court matters. Mr. Chmelewski regularly protects and defends clients in the following counties:
Kittitas County – Ellensburg and Cle Elum
Grant County – Ephrata and Moses Lake
Yakima County – Yakima and Union Gap
Chelan County – Wenatchee and Lake Chelan
Douglas County – East Wenatchee
Why Retain Attorney Mark A. Chmelewski?
When you need competent and professional legal defense, Criminal Defense Attorney Mark A. Chmelewski is the correct attorney for your case. With more than 25 years experience as an attorney including experience as a State and City Prosecutor, Judge Pro Tem, and Municipal Court Judge, he will provide you with a strong defense. If you are charged with a crime or traffic infraction in Kittitas, Chelan, Douglas, Yakima, or Grant Counties, it is imperative you obtain legal counsel promptly. Types of cases handled
Types of cases handled
- DUI/DWI – if you are arrested for driving under the influence, Mr. Chmelewski can assist you. As your defense attorney, he can defend you against these charges effectively. A DUI conviction can have long-term ramifications including loss of drivers license, steep fines and a jail sentences.
- Assault charges – unfortunately, sometimes disputes lead to physical altercations. In many cases, assault charges stem out of acts of self-defense. However, without the services of a skilled criminal defense attorney, you may face jail time, fines, and a criminal conviction which has long term collateral consequences.
- Reckless/negligent driving charges – you depend on your driver’s license to ensure you can get to your job, your family and even everyday tasks like shopping. If you are facing reckless driving charge, your right to drive could be suspended.
- Traffic Infractions – receiving a speeding ticket or another traffic violation and be expensive. Not only can the initial ticket be expensive but your insurance can go up a considerable amount too.
- Driving While License Suspended – although this can seem like a small crime, the penalties for driving while your license is suspended can include a pretty hefty fine and in some cases even being arrested and serving jail time.
- Possession – Although there have been some law changes taking place in the State of Washington, individuals convicted of drug possession continue to receive harsh sentences.
Attorney Mark A. Chmelewski will work to preserve your privilege to drive. As a skilled criminal defense attorney, Attorney Mark A. Chmelewski has developed his practice with years of experience as a state prosecutor, city prosecuting attorney, municipal court judge, judge pro tem, and a defense attorney. Call Mr. Chmelewski today for a consultation if you are facing criminal charges. You will receive the excellent representation you deserve.